Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs) are a legacy that will need to be monitored and rigorously controlled for decades to come. Past exposure to airborne asbestos fibres is the cause of death for over 5,000 people every year in the UK. This number of deaths from asbestos-related diseases is unlikely to fall in the next few years.
The course is designed to raise awareness and develop understanding about the dangers of asbestos, why it needs to be controlled and how it must be managed in business premises.
Who should Attend
Anyone responsible for managing premises; who supervises or undertakes building maintenance; who engage contractors to do work on a building or structure; anyone working in traditional construction trades; those carrying out telephone and IT cable installation in premises built before 2000.
• Types of asbestos used in the UK
• ACMs commonly found in premises built before 2000.
• UK law and the ‘duty to manage’ asbestos
• Asbestos Management Survey – report format, findings and recommendations
• Asbestos Management Plans
• Control measures to prevent accidental disturbance or damage to ACMs
• Planning alteration, modification or demolition of buildings
• Refurbishment and Demolition Survey
• Actions necessary if ACM is damaged or disturbed
2-hours. Held at a location of your choice. This course can also be conducted using either Zoom or Teams applications.
At the completion of the course delegates will be given a certificate of attendance. This course is not accredited.