COSHH Regulations have been in place for over 30 years but some businesses still find implementing effective controls a challenge. Past exposure to substances hazardous to health have left many retired workers with debilitating illness and for some, a premature death. Effective control measures, including the correct selection and use of PPE, will prevent this happening in the future
The course is designed to learn and develop understanding about hazards and risks associated with using and handling substances classified as hazardous to health. How control measures will reduce risk of exposure. What part PPE plays in achieving control.
Who should Attend:
Anyone responsible for employees or those who use, handle, transport or store substances or products that are classified as hazardous to health.
• UK law and COSHH Regulations 2002
• Definition and classification of substances hazardous to health
• Health effects and how they can cause injury or ill health
• Principles of COSHH Risk Assessment and control measures to prevent exposure
• Sources of information to support RA, selection of controls and to train workers.
• Managing control measures
• Planning for an emergency
• Selection and use of PPE
2-hours. Held at a location of your choice. This course can also be conducted using either Zoom or Teams applications.
At the completion of the course delegates will be given a certificate of attendance. This course is not accredited.