A fire inside a building is a frightening experience for the occupants and anyone who witnesses such an event. Fire is powerful destructive force which is dangerous to life and property
The course is designed to discuss the hazards and danger to life a fire can cause. Explains Fire Prevention, Protection and Precaution measures. Look at health and safety law and fire safety in the workplace. Describes the identification and function of portable firefighting equipment placed in workplaces and will demonstrate how to operate and use two common types of fire extinguishers.
Who should Attend:
Anyone who has control of premises and identified as a ‘responsible person’. Anyone in your organisation.
• Theory of fire and the dangers arising from fire
• UK law and the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRO)
• Fire Safety Risk Assessment – Sources of information and guidance
• Ignition and fuel sources. Sources of oxygen?
• Measures that slow down the spread of fire
• Methods of fire detection and warning, raising the alarm, means of escape, alternative evacuation routes
• Fire action plan – to include measures to help vulnerable people
• Testing emergency procedures and other fire protection measures
• Using a foam and carbon dioxide fire extinguisher
2-hours. Held at a location of your choice but will require access to an outside area where we can demonstrate how to use fire extinguishers. This course can also be conducted using either Zoom or Teams applications but will exclude the practical demonstration of fire extinguishers.
At the completion of the course delegates will be given a certificate of attendance. This course is not accredited.