Ladders and stepladders are commonplace items of access equipment that serve a useful purpose in many work activities. Unfortunately, they can be easily misused and will enable workers to access dangerous places where a fall from height can lead to tragic consequences. The use of a ladder or stepladder has never been banned under H&S law, but their safe use is subject to risk assessment and the thoughtful planning of work activities where they may be needed.
The course is designed to provide knowledge and understanding about access equipment to ensure workers can use ladders and stepladders competently and safely.
Who should Attend:
Workers who routinely uses ladders or stepladders or anyone responsible for planning or supervising their work activities.
• Ladder accidents and life changing injuries caused by falling from height
• Misuse of ladders and stepladders
• H&S law
• Practical considerations for the selection of a stepladder or ladder and helpful ladder accessories
• Practical consideration for the safe set up and use of stepladders or ladders
• Maintaining and managing access equipment in the workplace
2-hours. Held at a location of your choice. This course can also be conducted using either Zoom or Teams applications.
At the completion of the course delegates will be given a certificate of attendance. This course is not accredited.